ELECTRONIC MEDIA ADVERTISEMENT POLICY OF THE GOVEERNMENT OF INDIA
1. DAVP is the nodal agency for release of message through TV & Radio spots/jingles/programmes etc. for Ministries/Departments and organizations of the Govt. of India.
2. The primary objective of empanelment of Channels and fixing their telecast/broadcast rates is to obtain the widest possible coverage of the intended content or message for the target audience in a cost effective manner. While releasing such advertisement spots/jingles etc. DAVP does not take into account the political affiliation or editorial policies of radio/TV Channels. However, DAVP will not release advertisements to such Channels, which incite or tend to incite communal passion, preach violence, offend sovereignty and integrity of India or socially accepted norms of public decency and behavior. Since media planning for a campaign would be done on the basis of publicity requirement and target audience for that campaign, the empanelment of a Channel would not guarantee assured business.
3.All Central Government publicity releases on private TV/Radio Channels will be routed through DAVP. All attached offices, autonomous organizations & PSUs under the Ministries/Departments will also route their releases through DAVP.
4. Foreign Channels not approved by Government shall not be empanelled. No advertisement shall be released to those foreign/Indian Channels where the Government has revoked permission of uplinking or where Government has banned the Channels.
5. EMPANELMENT OF SATELLITE TV CHANNELS:
Channels interested to be empanelled with DAVP must apply in response to DAVP's advertisement, which will be made twice a year, once on 31st of March and second time on 30th of September. Doordarsahan and Lok Sabha Television or any other Government owned Channel would be taken as automatically empanelled. However, if Doordarshan appoint any Agency for space marketing of specific events e.g. sports events, DAVP can call for quotations, from such Agencies, and negotiate the rates, as per rate structure formula provided in this policy.
5(1) CRITERIA FOR EMPANELMENT OF SATELLITE TV CHANNELS:
A Channel should fulfill the following minimum criteria to be eligible to be considered for empanelment:
a) Minimum telecast period- the Channel should have completed at least six months of continuous telecast period by 31st of March or 30th of September, whichever is applicable. Provided, however, that a channel can be considered for empanelment by DG, DAVP, after three months of continous operation, if it has achieved all India channel share of 0.02%.
b) Minimum Channel share- Any Channel to be empanelled must have at least 0.02% all-Channel share in all-India universe in C&S homes (parameters: 15+age group, both male/female, all SECs, 06.00-23.59 hrs. time band, all week days) as per TAM or any other established TV viewership survey agency approved by Government.
c) Exemption category- The following would be exempted from the requirement of minimum Channel share as mentioned in clause 5(1)(b) above:
(i) Channels catering exclusively to viewers in North-East, J&K, Jharkhand & Bihar, since TAM or any other established TV viewership survey agency approved by Government is not yet covering these States.
(ii) Channels dominant in backward, border or remote areas or in tribal/minority Languages.
5(2) The rates of empanelled Channels will be decided by DAVP on the basis of the Cost Per Rationg Point (CPRP) formula approved by the Government, vide Ministry of I&B I.D. No. 1/50/2006-MUC dated 24.03.2008.
6. OTHER CONDITIONS REGARDING EMPANELMENT/FIXATION OF RATES:
a) Channels applying for empanelment will submit a certificate that the information submitted by them is correct and they will abide by the decision of DAVP regarding empanelment. in case the information submitted by the Channels is found to be false and/or incorrect in any manner, the channel can be suspended and/or debarred from empanelment.